You can now create an inspectAR project directly from an Allegro board file (.brd) and bypass the existing project creation flow which uses IPC2581B and a CSV BOM. The finished project will not be any different from those you create with manufacturing exports.
To create a project from an Allegro board file you will need to navigate to app.inspectar.com and create a cloud project. Allegro board file creation is not available locally from the inspectAR desktop version. This is a cloud-exclusive feature, you will have to visit out webapp to use it.
First, find the Allegro board file for the PCB you wish to create a project for. This is the file that is created after the schematic is built and it is the one someone would use to export manufacturing files to get a PCB manufactured.
1. Now from the projects gallery at app.inspectar.com select New Project.
2. Select Allegro Board File and upload your file.
3. If the BOM is already embedded within your Allegro project then you can skip this step, it is only necessary if you wish to view BOM information and this data is not already embedded into the Allegro Board file.
4. Check back for a success message, and then return to the inspectAR application.
5. The inspectAR application showing the project is ready for download.
6. The project is now available.